- When my children were little, one of their favorite games was called flour tower. To play the game you take a cup of flour and make a stand-alone flour tower. Once the tower is made you put a penny on top. The object of the game is to remove the flour around the penny without making it fall. Each person playing flour tower game has a butter knife and takes turns cutting away the flour. The person who makes the penny fall has to put their hands behind their back and retrieve the penny with their teeth.
2. Play frisbee tic tac toe. Use tape to make the # frame.
3. Build a fort and tell silly or embarrassing stories about yourselves.
4, Indoor sumo wrestling. Extra-large shirts and couch cushions or pillows work great for indoor wrestling!
5, Have an indoor picnic on the living room floor.
6. Make sock puppets and have a puppet show.
7. Watch a family movie without distractions. You can even make cardboard box cars using paper plates as the wheels and pretend you are at a drive-in movie.
8. See how well you know your family by making a list of 10 questions such as favorite color, animal, friend, ice cream and favorite meal. Have a prize for the one who gets the most right.
9. Balloon tennis using fly swatters. You can also make paddles with paper plates and a large craft stick.
10. Do a family work project.
11. Moon sand is always fun. 8 cups of flour and one cup of baby oil is all you need!
12. Have a family talent show.
13. Show pictures of yourself when you were young and describe some of your favorite childhood memories.
14. Make props and have a fun family photo day.
15. Have an indoor camping adventure with tents, sleeping bags and smores.
16. Have a fashion show with clothes from someone else’s closet.
16. Paint rock animals.
17. Play name that line from your favorite movie.
18. Go on a scavenger hunt.
19. Make a collage of something that represents your family.
20. Play freeze tag.
21. Make cards and write letters to mail to loved ones.
22. Let everyone plan and prepare a meal. After dinner go around the table and have each person name one thing that they appreciate about each member.
23. Play charades
24. Pass the lemon. Hold a lemon under your chin and pass the lemon from person to person without using hands.
25. Have a bubble gum bubble blowing or paper airplane contest.